Happy New Year!
I love a new year. The calendar is turned to January and the squares are blank – opportunity awaits us.
I have grandiose plans for my little family of 3 and for this blog. Really though, I want to live with intention. Too often I fly by the seat of my pants. It’s worked for me for almost 36 years so I don’t plan to stop it entirely, but balancing an almost 7 month old, a full time job at a large consulting firm, taking care of myself, being a wife, and writing a blog require more planning. I wasn’t good at the planning – at least for myself, in 2014.
This year, I will be a better planner of my own time. I want to share some of my intentions for this year, but really, most people don’t care about other people’s “resolutions”, so I’ll just say what I wanted to say for this post now, and share the rest below in case you want to stop reading.
THANK YOU. From the bottom of my heart. Thank you for reading, thank you for joining my giveaways, thank you for commenting and sharing your own stories with me. Thank you for the emails, encouragement and friendships that have been formed in blogland.
I started this blog several years ago, but when I was on maternity leave I decided to pick it back up and take it more seriously. Since then, I’ve gained followers and interest from companies and for that I am extremely grateful. I don’t know where Hook, Thread & Tinker will go from here, but I love writing and I hope that our journey can continue into 2015. If there are specific topics that you’re interested in, I’d love to hear them. If you’re only here because I do giveaways, that’s ok too. If you like reading about my not so perfect mommy-ing, that’s great.
But really, just thank you.
On to my intentions… I actually plan to write more about them and do progress reports throughout the year – make it public, make it happen?
- Eat less sugar.
- Stop snacking out of boredom or stress.
- Write blog posts in advance rather than staying up until midnight on a work night to get them done.
- Follow a blogging plan and stick to it.
- Seize opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.
- Stop saying no because I am tired.
- Take a class to explore my interests further.
- Go out on more friend dates.
- Make time to see other friends with babies.
- Stop with the shyness. Speak up.
- Continue to write in the most honest way that I know how.
- Continue making the gym a priority – go in the morning because otherwise it’s not likely to happen.
- Continue to write in my One Line a Day journal daily.
- Enjoy a weekend away with my husband.
- Do a minimum of 15 minutes of exercise per day when I can’t go to the gym.
- Take walks outside, even when it’s cold.
- Read for pleasure.
- Do something with the hundreds of pictures that I take each month.
- Back-up pictures, computer files, and phone monthly.
- Clean up things that bug me with this blog. Like these bullets being misaligned and a different color than the rest of the post.
- Find an intern.
- Take deep breaths.
2014 was a pretty magical one, here’s hoping that 2015 is just as magical – maybe with a little more sleep thrown in.
Have you joined the cute Snapper Rock giveaway yet? Ends 1/7 at midnight.