Ok, I know that we haven’t talked about lunch and dinner yet, but I have a serious sweet tooth and like to skip straight to dessert sometimes, so I am going to look past lunch & dinner (until next week) and focus on the sweet stuff this week. Don’t tell my trainer :).
If there are specific Chicago topics that you’re interested in, let me know. Future posts will include lunch and dinner, drinks, and shopping.
This lovely thing is called a rainbow cone. It is comprised of layers of (starting from the bottom) chocolate, strawberry, palmer house, and pistachio ice cream, and orange sherbet in a cake cone. It is absolutely worth the drive (and calories!) from wherever you are coming from. The one pictured is a small. I was sad when it was gone – get a large.
Snacks / Dessert:
- Garrett’s Popcorn – Insider Tip: Get the Chicago Mix (the orange fingers are worth it, but grab extra napkins). There are shops all over downtown – buy a small bag and eat it the same day. The next day it is less good (it holds for longer in their cans).
- Rainbow Cone – Insider Tip: They close for the season on November 2, 2014.
- Jeni’s Ice Cream
- George’s Ice Cream – Insider Tip: Try the Fat Elvis.
- Lickity Split – Insider Tip: I find that the pastries are just ok, but the custard and old-fashioned candy counter are great!
- Scooter’s Custard
- Bang Bang Pie Shop
- Hoosier Mama
- Hot Chocolate – Insider Tip: Make reservations.
- Sweet Mandy B’s
- Affy Tapple (factory store) – Insider Tip: This is outside of Chicago, just North of the city.
Chicago friends, what delicious places did I miss? Let me know and I’ll add them to the summary post! Also, does anyone feel like driving out to get a rainbow cone this weekend? 🙂
P.S. I would love if you would follow my blog. You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. I’m still donating $1 to pediatric cancer research with every blog follow and facebook page like until Friday.