- Mailing something directly from the post office is always a huge pain in the butt. Why does every post office need to work as inefficiently as possible? Every time I go in the consulting side of me wants to review their processes. I’d also like to tell them that they need to work faster and smarter, not slower and with an attitude. Every time I go I know that I need to take a deep breath and operate from a place of patience, but I wish everyone in line with me had the same attitude. The huffing and puffing that the man in front of me was doing before he stormed out the door from disgust? Probably unnecessary. Oh and also? Thank you sir, for letting me take your place in line. I was seen 2 minutes after you stomped out of the building.
- This year the first night of Hanukkah falls on Thanksgiving. Hello Thanksgivukkah. I am sort of excited about this and I think it calls for potato latkes as appetizers and matzo ball soup (with turkey instead of chicken?) as part of the main meal. Maybe even a kugel instead of stuffing. Go crazy, this won’t happen for another 70,000 years.
- I am ready for Fall. I am ready for sweaters and tights and infinity scarves. I am not ready for winter, but if the high 50s / mid 60s could stick around for awhile, I’d be pretty happy. I just bought this scarf at target. It is really soft and was calling my name. It was, that happens. I put it down and immediately picked it back up. Then I walked around the store a bit and put it back. And then it landed in my car. That happens too.
- Chicago just introduced a new transit card for frequent riders. So far I am unimpressed. I can’t even register my card and I’m actually not that stupid. Imagine the other 2.7M people that are trying to register THEIR cards. The best was when I called to reset my pin, they sent me a new pin, I called back to use the new pin and they said “we don’t recognize that pin”. I gave up and may go back to carrying a roll of quarters everywhere I go. Or I may keep calling until I stop hearing “sorry, I don’t recognize that pin.”. If I end up in the loony bin, you know why. Or you at least know one of the reasons :). And p.s. it’s not just me. Several of my friends and my husband are having the same issue.
- I am really enjoying Miley Cyrus’ new song, Wrecking Ball. I know I should be ashamed but I’m not. I was, however, unimpressed with her Saturday Night Live appearance (that I watched on Sunday morning because who can stay up that late?). She relied on the teleprompter a bit too much for my taste. Also, she wasn’t that funny.
- An extra! Last night I came home from being out with a friend and J was watching the Bears vs Giants game. Here’s the conversation that ensued.
M: “are we winning?”
M: “Tied against a team who hasn’t won a game all season? What is WRONG with us?”
J: Pauses the TV “Did you watch the news again today?”
Apparently my extensive football prowess impressed my husband because typically I “watch” the game by doing any activity EXCEPT watching the actual TV. To my credit, noon games are perfect Sunday nap times. Also, I do sometimes eat game day nachos. And I wear my Bears hat (because it’s cute). So I say, “BEAR DOWN” and who cares where the knowledge comes from.