Not that any of us are last minute gift buyers (eh hem), but I thought that I would throw together a list of suggestions for last minute Father’s Day gifts (it’s this Sunday – hint, hint).
Around here I completely sucked with an anniversary gift this year (like I skipped it, which is unheard of for me… stress much?), so I have much to make up for it on Father’s Day. I had a long list of ideas, but I settled on something else, so this list won’t give J’s gift away just yet…
1. I gave a monthly beer subscription to J on another occasion and he really liked it. You get an interesting selection of beers and it’s a gift that keeps on giving. Also, you can buy it the night before, print out a note and wah-la! What’s not to love?
2. How about a book about dad? This one by Jimmy Fallon looks pretty cute! This is a great gift from a child to their dad.
4. Specialty beer, cocktail or other types of glasses. I got a couple of these for my husband last year and although he said he didn’t “need” them, they get used quite frequently.
5. A nice grill or, if you already have one, grill accessories… It would be fun if you paired new grill accessories with something yummy to grill – a nice piece of steak or fish perhaps?
6. If your guy is into Apple products and doesn’t have one yet, the Apple watch would be a good (though on the pricier side) buy.
7. You could give his wardrobe a pick-me-up with a new shirt or cute pair of shoes. I love the idea of getting dad and toddler matching shoes and I am particularly smitten with these and think that J and Simon both need them immediately (I don’t know why, just go with it).
8. I know that this is pretty boring, but your fashionable male might enjoy a new wallet – especially one that looks cool on the inside like this one from Jack Spade.
Other ideas might include a date night or gift certificate to a favorite restaurant, tickets to a comedy show, concert or sporting event, or a guy’s night out.
What do you think? Do you have any awesome ideas to share? Do you have specific traditions that you do together for Father’s Day?