Guess what? I blog. Weird since I can’t think of a thing to write about.
I have 2 weeks of Project Life ready to share, but don’t really feel like it at the moment. It seems like a LOT of work to take pictures, load them up, etc.
I turn 34 this week. I am officially old. I said that when I turned 30 and now it’s 4 years later and, well, I’m older. I’m thankful for still being on this earth and I hope I’ve learned a few things since I was 30, but that doesn’t make me feel any younger.
And is it just me or are you 30 somethings having new aches and pains too? I thought that my grandma used to just complain a lot, but I think there’s something to this growing older business. “It’s for the young”, as Ma would say.
Want to know 34 things that I hope to accomplish in year 34? Let’s see…
- Read more books. I go through phases of reading non-stop and phases of reading only trashy magazines… More books are needed in my life.
- Get a new puppy. I doubt this will happen if J has anything to do with it, but I’ll keep it on the list anyway.
- Continue my workout / eating healthy regime. I am kind of kicking ass with this right now. I’d like that to continue. Who needs sugar anyway?
- Visit with my girlfriends. Really visit. Physically, emotionally… I need some catch-ups with some key people BADLY. eh hem Jess. eh hem Gab. eh hem Nay. eh hem Anna.
- Buy a new office chair. I know this is stupid, but the one I want is too spendy for my blood but since I sat in it nothing else compares. Oh Herman Miller.
- Babysit my niece. I mean, there is no one cuter on this planet, am I right? (photo stolen from my SIL)
- Try new restaurants – I’ve become more adventurous in my old age.
- Win the lotto.
- Take a vacation someplace warm with J (going in May and hoping to cross this off my list more than once).
- Watch several of my close friends get married. I have 3 weddings before the year ends and I love it!
- Cook. I have been cooking a ton lately, but want to try out some new recipes. Sauteing veggies doesn’t really count.
- Finish a year of Project Life.
- Go to the movies.
- Go to at least 2 live shows or concerts.
- Eat at Gospel Brunch.
- Take copious amounts of photos.
- Keep my plants alive.
- Plant flowers in my flower boxes.
- Visit NYC at least once.
- Travel someplace new (in addition to someplace warm).
- Buy a new car.
- Buy a new house. This is a dream not a reality. Stupid real estate economy.
- Cook with a new grain or bean.
- Clean my closet.
- Get rid of things that we haven’t used in a year.
- Spend less time on my phone.
- Take advantage of coupons and saving money (you know, for my dream life of new car, house, vacations, etc).
- Eat a doughnut at Doughnut Vault. I can’t be good ALL the time.
- Enjoy summertime activities in Chicago – eat outside, go to the lake, etc.
- Take pictures with me in them. And not just the kind that I take by holding my arm up in the air.
- Download new music. Recommendations?
- Enjoy time with my family.
- Enjoy life!!!
Whew! That was hard. And maybe a little lofty.
Here’s to checking off many things from my list. Who wants to join me?!