The holidays are just around the corner, which means that holiday parties are upon us.
When I am invited to someone’s house I like to take a hostess gift, so I have been scouring some of my favorite sources for a few ideas. The obvious fall back options are always wine, flowers, or food of some sort, but I’d like to be a bit more creative than that.
Is there anyone who wouldn’t love it if you showed up on their doorstep with something like the gifts (all under $30) below?
1) Anthropologie Candles are one of my favorite items at Anthropologie and I often turn to them for gift giving. This is an easy gift in a varied price range and everyone loves them. Bonus, the candles at Anthropologie typically come in a cool jar or container.
2) Monogrammed stationary by Rifle Paper Co. is a great, personalized, hostess gift.
3) I love having fancy soaps in my bathroom, but I never buy them for myself. If someone brought me one (or 2 or 10) of these Fresh Soaps, I’d love it!
4) How about a great coffee table book? I think that Happy Handmade Home looks pretty great.
5) It’s almost the new year, which means that it’s time for a new calendar. I love this one by Rifle Paper Co.
6) If you want to show up at my house with a homemade baked good and leave the plate that you brought it on as a hostess gift, you might become my favorite party guest. I love this one.
7) I always love a warm mug of hot cocoa. Grab a couple of nice mugs and a bag of your favorite coffee or hot chocolate (don’t forget the marshmallows!) and boom! Great gift.
8) It’s cold and one of my favorite things to do is snuggle underneath a cozy blanket. Share the love and give the gift of comfort. This TOMS for Target blanket also donates a blanket to a person in need for every blanket purchased.
Do you have a go to hostess gift? Have you received a hostess gift that you thought was great? Please tell me in the comments! Happy partying!
Have you joined the Combi Pod Bouncer Giveaway? It ends next Wednesday at midnight.