We had such a good weekend. We are exhausted, but I didn’t want it to end (and not just because Monday means a new work week).
Work was really busy last week, so I was definitely looking forward to Friday and my time with just me and Simon.
On Friday morning Simon and I went to swimming lessons and although he is never unhappy while in the pool, he is usually pretty focused. This week I feel like something clicked and he was actually having fun. Every time we did dips he would bounce and giggle with a wide grin… it made going to swimming in freezing temps totally worth the trip (and don’t worry, we dry our hair before we go outside).
Friday afternoon Simon and I both took a much needed nap and then after bedtime I went to the grocery store to prep for our playdate brunch on Saturday.
Saturday morning we invited friends over for a playdate. They both have babies within a few weeks of Simon (one 4 days older!). It was so fun to see the babies and catch up with the adults! Simon mainly sat and stared at the other babies – he didn’t seem bothered by sharing his toys or being close with H or A. It was seriously cute and I can’t wait until it’s a bit warmer and they’re all running around together outside.
On his way out, one of our friends taught Simon to “blow up” a fist bump, which he now thinks is the funniest thing EVER.
For some reason I didn’t take more photos, but I am so glad that we decided to have people over. I guess it’s our new normal when we have friends over… the balance of eating brunch while ensuring babies aren’t poking each other in the eyes.
On Sunday we were pretty low key – a trip to Costco, which I can imagine is completely overwhelming for Simon (lots of things to see and people to watch) and lots of playtime, just the 3 of us. I love days like this – it just feels normal, a word that I think we’re still trying to define these days.
Other weekend highlights include:
- Simon trying (and LOVING) peanut butter for the first time. Peanut butter and banana, just like Elvis.
- Simon eating yogurt melts for the first time – the face that he made when he realized that they’re a bit tart was hysterical (and of course I don’t have a picture).
- Being lazy and watching several episodes of Better Call Saul with J on Saturday night.
- Simon mimicking my sounds and puffs when we were cuddling in his chair – I think we did this for about 15 minutes and it was awesome.
- Simon starting to show interest in crawling – he’s getting his arms and legs in the right position and then… nothing.
- Bagels. I haven’t eaten a bagel in months because I’ve been trying to be good about carbs and sugar… it had to be done on Saturday.
- Simon sleeping 12.5 hours on Friday night. Go Simon!!
- Laughing with J. I am very VERY lucky to be on my parenting journey with this man. I don’t tell him enough, we bicker about sippy cups and unloading the dishwasher… but seriously, he’s a REALLY good dad and husband and I just loving laughing with him – about nothing.
I hope that you all had a fantastic weekend! Happy Monday.