I’m in kind of a weird place right now.
I’m on a project, but I’m on vacation until things get sorted. Well, vacation / recruiting / training. Today and Friday – vacation. It’s nice. But weird. I feel like I’m playing hooky and doing something wrong. I’m not, for the record (MOM).
But I also REALLY like being home during the day.
A girl could REALLY get used to this.
Going to the gym at 2PM? OK.
Going to the grocery store at 10am? OK.
I’m getting spoiled, but I also feel like I’m getting caught up on life.
Traveling for 9 years left me feeling like I was just barely keeping up with life. Like if I missed a weekend at home I was going to be utterly and completely out of whack for weeks.
It feels good to be home.
And so, while being on “vacation” is really strange b/c it was unplanned and could change at any minute, I’ll take it for the time being.
I have a real vacation coming up in a month. The thought of 2 weeks in the Philippines is exhilarating and terrifying at the same time. Flying for 20+ hours…. blah. Beach time… YA! Scuba diving… hopefully I don’t have a panic attack like I did last time. Eating… umm, yes… I’m a little picky, but we’ll figure that out as we go. Climbing a volcano and swimming with whale sharks… AWESOME.
I have a lot to take care of before then…
- Vaccinations (somehow I think I need some even though I got about 64 before I went to Africa 3 years ago).
- My taxes. I hate taxes.
- Shopping (the list seems to be growing – everything from sunscreen and nausea medicine to shorts — I DESPISE shorts and would much prefer to be in cottons dresses / workout clothes — my hub keeps reminding me that it’s a third world country and that I should be concerned with other, more important things, but I’ll be concerned with those too, I’m sure… just not right this second).
- Needing to find somewhere for the pup to stay. We have a great daycare place, but the thought of Cohen sleeping in a crate for 2 weeks makes me really sad. Poor punkin.
I mean seriously? That face… Anyway…
- Do you think that I need a new camera? Yes, I’m adding that to my list of things to do. Decide. I think that I do. J would have a slightly different definition of the word “need”. Here’s the catch…. it’s free. I have points. I’d use them for a new camera. But I could also use them for other (in J’s mind, more practical) things…. hmm…For what it’s worth, I now have an old Canon XT and I’d ideally like to get the 60D.
- Pack. Oy, packing. I’m pretty sure that I can only take 30ish pounds. Good luck to me. Goodbye footwear.
- Grow my hair 5 inches so that I can pull it back in a ponytail since it will be 90+ degrees there. I know this is far fetched and impossible, but a girl can dream…